£195 (£234 inc vat)
This fee includes: course materials, lunch, refreshments and a Certificate of Attendance.
An interactive workshop developed specifically for those acting as Laser/IPL
Protection Supervisor or with responsibility for safety in the clinical
day will look at the duties of the LPS according to the MDA Guidance
document and CQC requirements. The workshop will also help develop skills in policy writing,
preparing checklists, risk assessment and CQC compliance issues. The workshop
is equally relevant to those working with laser or IPL equipment.
You are encouraged to bring your own materials, local rules or safety concerns for discussion and development during the day. This course includes policies and procedures that may be adapted and applied to your own clinical environment.
- Roles and responsibilities of the LPS
- The impact of the CSA2000 on laser/ILS policy and procedures
- Review of lasers and intense light source technologies and applications
- Safety management, including development of Local Rules, policies and procedures
- Review of safety issues
- Risk assessment in the laser and pulsed light Controlled Area
This workshop assumes that you have attended a Core of Knowledge course.
Candidates must have Core of Knowledge.
This course is suitable for:
- People new to the role of LPS
- Individuals already acting as an LPS who wish to update thier skills
- Those needing to update or develop policies and procedures for their clinic or salon
- Those with a responsibility for risk assessment, local rules, checklists, etc
- Available upon request Nottingham
'Excellent day. I acquired new knowledge'
'An enjoyable course, which was very informative'
'A very enjoyable course. Provided a good update of laser policies and procedures'
'A most enjoyable and knowledgeable day'
'Excellent course content and added a great deal to my existing knowledge'
'A well presented course and pitched at the right level'