Awarded by Edexcel
Nottingham and London locations
£2000 +VAT (£2400)
This fee includes: registration with Edexcel, all course materials, lunch and refreshments, post course work log book and case study, Certificate of Attendance and Qualification Certificate (subject to award of qualification).
More learning and hands-on laser time
2013 validation by Edexcel allows us to change the ways in which we can deliver BTEC certification. So, less papers and assessment;
The 5-day course is structured around daily practical sessions aimed at delivering demonstration and hands-on experience against the main range of systems most commonly used in medical and aesthetic dermatology applications.
Experts from medicine and industry will deliver targeted lectures designed to extend knowledge arising from practical sessions and exercises. Tutorial support will ensure that the evidence is in place to support.
Over 1000 people have sat this course with current feedback the best that we have ever received.
An intensive course of teaching, worksheets, assessments and practical sessions covering:
- Light, lasers & intense pulsed light sources - equipment and technologies for skin treatments
- Laser/pulsed light hazards and safety issues in a laser/pulsed light controlled area
- Light-tissue interactions
- Normal skin structure
- Identification of skin conditions responsive to vascular, pigmented and ablative treatments
- Pre and post treatment procedures
- Communication skills, recording keeping
Who is the course suitable for?
- Consultants, registrars and fellows in Plastic Surgery, Dermatology and Vascular Medicine
- Aesthetic doctors, nurses and allied HCPs
- Experienced laser practitioners wishing to qualify their skills
- Other professionals seeking further knowledge
Lecturers: Jo Martin; Dr Tapan Patel; Mr Bruce Braithwaite; Dr Stan Batchelor; Paul Stapleton.
What will I gain from this course
- A review of laser/pulsed light techniques and technologies
- Appreciation of a number of laser/pulsed light systems for skin therapies
- Understanding of safety issues & the requirements of a laser/IPL controlled area
- Consultation and communication skills
- The opportunity to share experiences with other practitioners
- Comprehensive course notes and supporting materials
- Certificate of Attendance
- Nationally recognised qualification
Please note: The qualification is only awarded upon satisfactory completion of the post course work.
The post course work consists of a log book and case study.The log book involves recording 10 treatments and the case study is a 3000 word essay based on the treatments recorded in the log book. In order to complete this course work, you will require access to clients/clinic
(Support can be made available through Mapperley Park Clinic preceptorship scheme)
- Monday 01st - Friday 05th July 2013 NOTTINGHAM
- Monday 07th - Friday 11th October 2013 NOTTINGHAM
Our course numbers are strictly limited to allow for group working and tutor contact time. With this in mind, please contact us to ensure that we still have places available as our courses do fill up quickly.
'Balanced, informative and boosted my confidence. As the ONLY accredited course in UK it could be easy to run an "average" course...I was relieved to find it far from average. Thanks'
'This is a first class course. I have gained a great deal from attending'
'Course tutors were extremely helpful and supportive'
' I loved the course, it involved lots of hard mental work, which challenged me. But I got a tremendous lot out of the course'
'The venue is really good, I have seen and learned many things. It was a very friendly atmosphere. The food and other facilities were also very good'
'The course was quite fast and intense but it was presented so well and interestingly that it worked well'