Awarded by Edexcel
£1250 ( £1500 inc vat)
This fee includes: registration with Edexcel, all course materials, lunch and refreshments, the post-course work log book and case study, Certificate of Attendance and Qualification Certificate (subject to award of qualification).
This BTEC is a nationally recognised qualification awarded by Edexcel covering the theoretical and practical elements of laser and intense pulsed light hair removal and photorejuvenation. This intensive course is run over four days, each day is supported by lectures, assessments, worksheets and practical demonstrations to enhance the learning experience. You will have the opportunity to meet manufacturers and watch demonstrations on thier own equipment.
An intensive course of teaching and practical sessions covering:
- Light, lasers and IPL sources - Equipment and Technologies;
- Light-Tissue Interactions;
- Laser/IPL Hazards and Safety Issues;
- The laser/pulsed light controlled area and Safety Management;
- Skin structure, hair growth cycles, factors affecting successful treatments;
- Client evaluation and selection including consultation, skin typing and record keeping;
- Clinic requirements including Standards and Legislation
- Core of Knowledge
- NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy (or equivalent)
- Registered medical, nursing and healthcare professionals
What will I gain from this course
- A review of laser and pulsed light applications & technologies
- Appreciation of a number of laser and pulsed light systems for hair removal
- Understanding of safety issues & the requirements of a laser/pulsed light controlled area
- The opportunity to share experiences with other practitioners
- Demonstrations of equipment and techniques
- Comprehensive course notes and supporting materials
- Certificate of Attendance
- Nationally recognised qualification
Please note: The qualification is only awarded upon satisfactory completion of the post course work.
The post course work consists of a log book and case study.The log book involves recording 10 treatments and the case study is a 3000 word essay based on the treatments recorded in the log book. In order to complete this course work, you will require access to clients/clinic (Support can be made available).
As our course numbers are strictly limited for group working and tutor contact time, our courses do fill up quickly. Please contact us to confim availablity of places.
'An excellent course. It was very well presented and managed, very thorough'
'A very intensive course with excellent content and everything was explained in an easy to understand manner'
'Thoroughly enjoyable, but tough going'
'Superb. It was very clear, plain English, understandable even if English isn't your first language. All questions were answered and could be asked at any time. The folder is just excellent'
'IMy initial apprehensions were quickly overcome and I really enjoyed the course'
'It was well organised with excellent friendly tutoring. I was very pleased with the knowledge I have gained'
'The presentations were excellent and thoroughly enjoyable, whilst still being informative and inspiring at the same time'